Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Moody Blues at Radio City Music Hall 8/20/09

They have classics like Nights in White Satin, Tuesday Afternoon, and Isn't Life Strange. It was quite an experience having seen and heard them 10 years ago playing these classics with an orchestra.

This time there will be no orchestra. Rather, visuals of covers of their albums or holograms of images behind them. They're called the working man's band since they tour from coast to coast in the United States every year.

Tomorrow night THE MOODY BLUES will be at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan. I can't wait to see them perform Your Wildest Dreams, Are You Sitting Comfortably, December, and so much more.

You see, they're my favorite band. And in the future, wouldn't it be nice to see them perform in England, their home country?

In the meantime, The Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan will do just fine!




http://whoseroleisitanyway.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to my first Moody Blues concert. David

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

You're going to love them, David! Can't wait! :))

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice if we had seats together.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

I know, but how did I know they would sell out so quickly!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

NOTE: Don't mind us folks! :))

Anonymous said...

Didn't think the Moody Blues would sell out so quickly! K.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

When Liz and I went to see Leonard Cohen at Radio City in April, on the marquee was the Moody Blues playing 8/20/09. So I thought we'd have plenty of time to get tickets. By the time we bought in May, the only available seats were scattered throughout the theatre! And none together! Obviously, had no idea myself, K.!

Tipper said...

You gotta love the Moody Blues-I do too!

PV said...

Cooooooool. Enjoy!

Sandy Kessler said...

nights in white satin swooooooon sandy

ChaChaneen said...

You lucky girl!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

They're so spiritual and timeless, aren't they, Tipper?! :))

Thank you, PV! Hopefully, we can get some pics to post! :))

hahaha, Sandy! Would you believe that Nights is considered one of the most beautiful songs ever written!

Can't wait, Janeen! Thank you! :))

Kat Mortensen said...

Give me a nudge when you post your review. I don't always remember where I've been and then get back to it.
Have a great time!

Kat

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

I understand and will do, Kat! Thank you! :))

jay said...

I had no idea that the Moody Blues were still performing - but it's nice to know that they are!

I bet you have fun!