Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thank you so very much, A. !
One of the rules is to describe five things I love about Christmas:
1) Being with those I love!
2) Sharing the Christmas spirit of love and peace!
3) The spirit created by all loving beings!
4) Christmas movies and carols!
5) Christmas joy!
I'd love to place this award under each of your trees, even if it remains wrapped until next year! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Peace!
Thank you again, A.! :))
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
To all hard working elves in Bloggyland, here's some music to help while hard at work!
A few facts about our favorites:
OLDEST SONGS are "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Winter Wonderland"
SONGS INTRODUCED IN MOTION PICTURES are "White Christmas" in Holiday Inn (1942); "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" in Meet Me In St. Louis (1944); and "Silver Bells" in The Lemon Drop Kid (1950).
WRITER WITH MOST TOP SONGS is Johnny Marks with three: "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and "A Holly Jolly Christmas."
MOST RECORDED SONG is "White Christmas" with well over 500 versions in dozens of languages.
1. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
2. The Christmas Song-Nat King Cole
3. Silent Night-Stevie Nicks
4. Here Comes Santa Claus-Elvis Presley
5. Winter Wonderland-Kenny & Dolly
6. Jingle Bell Rock-Bobby Helms
7. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree-Brenda Lee
8. All I Want For Christmas Is You-Mariah Carey
9. Oh Holy Night-Celine Dion
10. We Wish You A Merry Christmas-Enya
11. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas-Judy Garland
12. Jingle Bells-Diana Krall
13. Little Drummer Boy-Frank Sinatra
14. The First Noel-Celtic Woman
15. Carol of Bells
Friday, December 12, 2008
Take a special Christmas Tour in Bloggyland with Cynthia of Muse Swings and her elves. Travel from blog to blog to see what wonderful things our fellow bloggers have done to celebrate the Holidays.
Below is a fest of Holiday films for your enjoyment. Whether between festivities or at the end of the day, I hope you enjoy some all-around favorites!
LAUREL & HARDY
in Babes in Toyland
"Christmas in July?"
"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.
THE BISHOP'S WIFE
Dudley, the mischievous angel.
Christmas is all around us!
"It's the Santa Anna winds. Anything can happen!"
"Good night." "Sweet dreams."
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
A lovely affair is being held on December 15, 2008; an all-day, pre-Christmas feast to celebrate with friends online. A beautiful experience in sharing anything Christmas right in our neighborhood -- bloggyland! All are invited! To add yourself to the guest list or to get more specific details, please don't hesitate to visit Cynthia at Muse Swings , a most gracious hostess!
I truly cannot wait to deck the halls with more than just holly! ;)
Thank you Janeen for this wonderful award!
To quote Janeen, "the Proximidade focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging but in the proximity to one another through this online world."
"Blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming, say its authors. They aren't interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement but to propogate friendships."
Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who then choose 8 more.
This has always been the hardest for me as I see all on my bloglist in this way.
2) Tipper at The Blind Pig and the Acorn
3) Mary Lou at Buttercream Cottage
4) Rowena at Rubber Slippers in Italy
5) Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood
6) Enzie at World Market Portraits
7) Chandini at Reading, Writing, and More
8) Poetikat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes
A few more, I promise!
9) Tammy at A Little Girl Talk
10) PV at Finding Me
11) LarryG at Yesterday, Today, and Forever
12) Borut at The Hoo of Haiku
13) Bulletholes at Bulletholes in the Mailbox
14) Beatrice at Poetry for a Night Owl
15) White Rose at White Rose's Garden
16) Peter of Detectives Beyond Borders
I could go on and on!
Thank you again, Janeen!
Some I've read are:
John McFedtridge (still reading)
Declan Burke (still reading)
Thich Nhat Hanh
The Dalai Lama
Those I'm tagging are:
Archie at Archies Archive
Joyce at Following the Little God
Chandini at Reading, writing and more
Poetikat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes
There are a few rules:
1) List the authors that were new to you this year, regardless of year of publication.
2) Boldface those which were debuts (first novel published in 2008).
3) Tag as few or as many others as you'd like.
Thank you all! Am looking forward to reading your lists. Petra :))
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Motionless, I run to you.
Alone, I lie in your arms.
Frightened, your music calms me.
Hungry, your love sates me.
Ready to give up, your words stead me.
Being second isn't easy,
But I continue to dream.
**written by petra michelle**
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
One of film's greatest writers, directors, producers is Frederico Fellini. He had the imagination of a genius, attitude of a child, and words of a sage -- to live spherically; not from one point of view, but with an open mind.
Love this quote: "A different language is a different vision of life."
My favorite: "There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life."
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Cynthia of Muse Swings and Lavinia of Birdbath Chronicles have invited anyone interested to take a trip to Italy on November 17, 2008. No detail has been overlooked in preparing for this lush event. Pasta, vino, film - in other words -anything Italian will be on the menu. Bring what you'd like. If you're interested, just copy the invitation to your blog and leave a comment on Cynthia's blog Muse Swings . To quote Poetikat , it's going be "una festa meravigliosa!" Petra
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I've also received and sent, to the recipients' delight, her hand-made cards. Am looking forward to her Holiday cards which, again, are created in the Appalachian tradition. If you have any questions or are interested in anything you see, please don't hesitate to contact Tipper . Petra
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I want to thank Poetikat for awarding me with The Superior Scribbler Award. I am most honored and thankful, Kat. For anyone who writes, it's truly a special feeling to receive it. Thanks are also in order to the originator, The Scholastic Scribe .
There are rules! Honestly, I cringe at rules! I live life using poetic license whenever I can. But back to the rules.
1. Each recipient passes the award on to 5 most deserving blog friends. This is nearly impossible for me as I consider everyone on my blog list deserving. But here goes!
For her humor, reflections, and love of all living creatures I Beati-a meeting place to share our blessings and laugh a little!!
Tipper at Blind Pig and The Acorn creates an Appalachian gem, reflecting her true love of the arts and her rich family heritage.
For her humor and outright honesty with the spirit of Zen, The Zen of Motherhood.
For anything and everything vintage Mary Lou's creations have flair and magic at Hello Mary Lou .
I can't stop at 5! Just a few more, I promise!
Chandini's prose and poetry are mesmerizing at Reading, writing, and more . Always enjoy your stimulating observations, Chandini!
Since I'm a screenwriter, you all must know by now that anything film makes me salivate. Here's a blog I was introduced to not only for her love of Johnny Depp, but for her imaginative writing at The Depp Effect.
And two of the most irreverent, lovable, and creative writers who bring out the devil in me The Inner Minx , a published authoress, and Bullet Holes in the Mailbox , whose imagination can rival the best of them.
For those I haven't mentioned-you know who you are-please forgive me. It is so difficult to be on this end!
So, back to the rules!
2. Each recipient must link to the author and the name from whom he/she has received the Award.
3. Each recipient must display the Award on his/her blog.
5. Each recipient must post these rules on his/her blog.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Dancing in a ballet of ionic mime!
Feeling with infinite intensity!
Running in cosmic direction!
Moving in colors uncharted!
Magnetic pulls play between cerebral spheres!
Looking out at the eclipse of myself.
Looking in at the freedom of me.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
They ranged from 90 to 120-feet tall.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Don't expose the pain.
Broken dreams take flight
In search of new domain.
Through settling smoke
Mocking our doom.
Passionate golden rings
Snuffed by scarred frightened fingers
Promised a lifetime of desire
To two wanton strangers.
**written by petra michelle**
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Enzie's painting is being auctioned on E-Bay beginning today through 10/09/08.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Can you hear the chimes of my rhymes?
All I have most times.
Will you partake
**written by petra michelle**
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Can a writer be so blind
That not a word of herself is understood
Afraid and paralyzed to see further than her pen?
Strewn papers of genius
Lay around for years
Unseen only by dust collected
And deep frown marks
Rejecting words and sentences
That run on, trying to escape
The hand in a catcher's mitt.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
who asked to nominate seven blogs. This is difficult for me because each blog is so unique. Without intentionally offending
those I haven't nominated, seven follow:
1. Just Because Not only is Jules a humorous treasure, she was the first to help at my attempt in blogging. Thank you, Jules.
2. I Beati - A meeting place to share our blessings & laugh a little Sandy carries a heart of gold towards her fellow man and creatures. Her blog is eclectic and a chock full of surprises at every juncture.
3. Blind Pig and the Acorn Tipper welcomes all to set a spell and share customs, traditions, family music and events, Appalachian style. Great fun!
4. Rubber Slippers in Italy Rowena takes lush and delicious tours to local and distant festivities in and around Italy. Don't go hungry!
5. The Zen of Motherhood A hilarious day-to-day peek at how a mother sees life with the spirit of Zen.
6. Three Beautiful Things A beautiful way to remember the little things in life which bring joy and pleasure.
7. Pixlhead Kevin's photography captures the heart of Manhattan, my home away from home, with a whimsical, discerning eye.
Honorable Mentions go to:
Detectives Beyond Borders:
A Forum for International Crime Fiction Peter is master of titillating readers and writers from around the globe to discuss their favorite genre.
BlogStalker For his sweet irreverence. He gave me the same award. Right back at you, Blogstalker!
Following the little god... In awe of Joyce's writing (published author) and her perspective on life.
When It Rains Another poet for having been a supporter from the beginning.
Thanks to all for making life and blogging that much more enjoyable!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Last night I saw a shooting star.
She was the rolling stone wearing a
leopard-skin pill box hat;
Her fate sealed in her broken
She lived twenty eight years
in one and a half.
**written by petra michelle**