Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where are the children in this snowfall?







It's nearly 3:00 p.m. and as I'm typing this post, I hear no giggles or laughter coming from outdoors. It's our first major snowfall of the season, schools are closed, traffic is at a standstill, and I don't hear or see children sledding, throwing snowballs, nothing! Don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet, but where are the children? My neighborhood consists of blocks of middle-class families, not lacking in youngsters.




When children, we couldn't wait for that snow day or two. Dressed for the cold, we'd grab our sleds to plunge into the fresh, virgin snow and fly! All kidding aside, I'm ready to get dressed and go door-to-door to ask the neighbors to join in some old-fashioned winter fun! Are they too busy behind computers (asking the same question?) or watching television? What happened to enjoying a day off from school in the outdoors? Where are the children?




Hmm... I think I'll get dressed and get in touch with my child, perhaps even enjoy what mother nature has showered us so freely with!



See you in a few! :))








5 comments:

PV said...

Well, you see, you can't point and click an snow fort......

I know!!!! Kids these days! Just don't know how to make their own fun!

I have more fun outside sometimes than my kids, who just shake their heads....someday they'll understand - I hope!

Make a snow angel for me PV!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

hahaha, PV! So, I'm not the only one! Believe me it was eerie! LOL
I promise to make a snow angel the next visit to the park! :))

Jay said...

I'm thinking people are too afraid to let their children play outdoors anymore, which is a great pity.

Fun in the snow was great - and educational, too. You learned just how cold a person could get, and then how much colder you could get when your gloves and socks were soaking wet. LOL!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh I lurve your old nostalgic picture, so cute! Sunny California unfortunately doesn't have snow days off from school. Oh well! Enjoy!

i beati said...

love the cover bet you heard squeals the next day no?