Bob Dylan receives the Nobel Prize in Literature “for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.” Interview with Sara Danius Permanent Secretary of Nobel Prize.
The following are comments made by the Nobel Prize morning of October 13, 2016:
- 2009 Nobel Laureate Barack Obama considers Blood on the Tracks to be Dylan’s best album: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-barack-obamas-ipod-20080625 …
- "If I was a poet and could write a fine hand, I'd write my love a letter that she'd understand" Bob Dylan from the song "Thunder on the Mountain" from his 32nd studio album, Modern Times.
- Bob Dylan is the first Nobel Laureate since Bernhard Shaw to have been awarded both a Nobel Prize and an Oscar.
- ”I see myself as a song and dance man” The Life and Career of Bob Dylan documentary captures Bob Dylan’s career:
- Photo collection Rolling Stone Magazine "Bob Dylan Hanging With Joan Baez, Allen Ginsberg and More" http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/early-bob-dylan-20100301/bob-dylan-80984495http://ww/early-bob-dylan-20100301/bob-
- When Martin Luther King gave his legendary "I have a dream" speech Dylan was on stage. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/70-reasons-why-bob-dylan-is-the-most-important-figure-in-pop-culture-history-2286368.html
- Bob Dylan shakes 2009 Nobel Laureate Barack Obama's hand at the White House Celebration Of Music From The Civil Rights Movement (2010)
- ”…he is a wonderful sampler, a very original sampler. He embodies the tradition & for 54 yrs now he has been at it” Sara Danius, Permanent Secretary Nobel Prize, on Bob Dylan.
- "He can be read and should be read, and is a great poet in the English tradition" Sara Danius, Permanent Secretary Nobel Prize, on Bob Dylan.
- 70% of the visitors at http://Nobelprize.org have heard or read Bob Dylan's lyrics.
- 2016 Literature Laureate Bob Dylan, age 75, born on May 24, 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota, USA.
- Nobel Prize motivation for Bob Dylan in Swedish: ”som skapat nya poetiska uttryck inom den stora amerikanska sångtraditionen”.
- Press release from the Swedish Academy Bob Dylan awarded 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature: http://goo.gl/am7EcK
Congratulations, Bob Dylan. Well deserved!