Saturday, January 4, 2014

Perhaps these songs can help you through some of the rough patches of life, as they have in mine...




There's one thing I can do, play my mellotron for you,
Try to blow away your city blues
Your dreams are not unfound, get your feet back on the ground
Dreams will set us free, we cannot lose
We cannot lose, we just have to choose



But oh Lord we've got to fight
With the thoughts in the head with the dark and the light
No use to stop and stare
And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there




Now the darkness only stays the night time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always going to be this grey
All things must pass
All things must pass away




Watch out now, take care
Beware of thoughts that linger
Winding up inside your head
The hopelessness around you
In the dead of night
Beware of sadness
It can hit you
It can hurt you
Make you sore and what is more
That is not what you are here for




Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in



Some things take so long but how do I explain
Not too many people can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears

Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them

Isn't it a pity



When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down




If not for you, winter would hold no spring
I couldn't hear the robins sing
I just wouldn't have a clue
If not for you




I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
I've been up and down and over and out but I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up and get back in the race
That's life



Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy




My life goes on in endless song
Above earth's lamentation,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear its music ringing,
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?

While though the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness 'round me close,
Songs in the night it giveth.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

 
When tyrants tremble in their fear
and hear their death knell ringing,
when friends rejoice both far and near
How can I keep from singing?

In prison cell and dungeon vile
Our thoughts to them are winging,
When friends by shame are undefiled
How can I keep from singing?
 


You sit around getting older, there's a joke somewhere, and it's on me
I shake this world off my shoulders, come on baby the laugh's on me

Stay on the streets of this town and they'll be carving you up all right
They say you got to stay hungry
Hey baby, I'm just about starving tonight
I'm dying for some action, I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
I need a love reaction, come on baby give me just one look

You can't start a fire, sittin' 'round cryin' over a broken heart
This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire, worryin' about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark

Even if we're just dancing in the dark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Petra! Love your song choices. Have so many which have helped me too. K. :)