Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom and Nikki! :))

Happy Birthday to you, my dearest, who will be 77 July 22nd!

When I first saw this photo of my mother (to right with a friend) while still living in Germany, I couldn't believe she'd just turned 16! Seems all young girls want to look more sophisticated and mature than their age. A month after this photo was taken, she'd marry her sweetheart in British uniform, and, at 17, have me (the first of six).

Love to you always! xoxoxo

One day later, Nikki would have shared my mother's birthday. She turns 18 tomorrow, the 21st!

I am so thrilled for you, Nikk! Happy Birthday! xoxoxo




Doesn't Nikki look like her grandmother? She doesn't see it, but the older she's gotten, the more evident it becomes. xo

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the old pics of grandma. She was so beautiful. She should have been a movie star. :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

So do I, Nikk! I found many more while I was looking through yours!
:))

Anonymous said...

So you'll have them out when I come over on Thursday?

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Sure will! :))

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to grandma's party! See you then, Aunt P! :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

See you Thursday, Nikk! :))

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Please wish your mother and Nikki a Happy Birthday Petra! K. :)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Thank you, K.! I will! :))

Jay said...

Yes! They have exactly the same shape face, don't they? Quite uncanny. And Nikki is very beautiful!

I love old photos!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Thank you so, Jay! :))

I adore old photos and the stories which come with them!

sarah, rsm said...

Happy Birthday to your loved one's, Petra. Today would be my paternal Grandma's Birthday(7/23), Sunday(25th)is my oldest nieces, my dad's would be 8/1, mine was the 10th, my sister-in-laws was the 8th, my maternal grandma's would have been the 3rd, my youngest brother's the 2nd, my oldest brother's 6/29! WOW! That's a book of Summer Birthdays right there!! :)

Tipper said...

Both beautiful pictures!! I hope their Birthdays were extra special!

Pap's is the 21st of July too : )

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Hi Sarah! Let's party! Wishing a very happy and healthy birthday to your loved ones! :))

Hi Tipper! Happy birthday to Pap! :))

ChaChaneen said...

Sigh.... just takes my breath away! Such a beautiful memory in the first picture. And oh my stars, marrying so young, they were just kids! ha ha

I wish both these beautiful ladies a wonderful birthday(s) and to many, many more!!!!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

I know, Janeen! As I mentioned in the post, my mother did not look 16in this photo! I don't think it was until our generation, women waited to have children!

And thank you so for your birthday wishes, Janeen! I'll pass them along! :))