Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Was March 25, 1909 the Day Modern Poetry was Born?

"Their names have largely been forgotten over time -- TE Hulme, FS Flint, Edward Storer -- but 100 years ago today, a young and edgy group of bohemians met together for the first time and changed the face of poetry for good. Enthusiasts are celebrating 25 March as one of our most significant literary anniversaries, though one that most people know nothing about."

The Guardian (UK) 03/25/09


http://whoseroleisitanyway.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cool......am going to read more about it. I write poetry too.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Anonymous: Thank you, and good luck! :))

Maude Lynn said...

You can count me as one of those who know nothing about it!

I love the new look, by the way.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

MZ: Had no idea myself! This was a real find for me. Have been reading up on it. Fascinating!

Thank you, MZ, love it's whimsy and color blue, my favorite! :))