Sunday, March 29, 2009

SUNDAY IS FOR POETRY: Etreenity 2





Hello again, Your Majesty.
Hello, my dear.


Your rebirth is magnificent.
Lie down, She offered gently.


As I lay on the grass
beneath Her sprouting branches,


I felt the dampness,
Smelled the petrichor.


Ecstatic, I dug my fingers into Her soul,
Earth, supporting us.


It was cool.
A rush of excitement stirred me.


How old are you today? I asked.
The same since I last saw you, She replied.


Ageless, I commented.
Eternal, She declared.



**written by petra michelle**

11 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely!

i beati said...

Simply sould touching I loved it and identified..sandy

Lavinia said...

Oh I love this. True communion with mother nature, mother earth. Newfound joy at our connection to our beautiful, fragile, breath-taking earth and her annual renewal of spring.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

MZ: Thank you! :))

Sandy: Thought you would! ;)

Lavinia: Voila! :))

LarryG said...

there is eternity in nature - sweet eternity - I love your poem Petra

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Larry: Thank you! :))

PV said...

Spring! The awakening! Can't wait!

MuseSwings said...

I love this poem! Nothing nicer than a conversation with a stately tree!

ChaChaneen said...

Good morning Gorgeous and a good morning to me to have shared your lovely poem ~ sigh....

Have a great day!

Tipper said...

So moving and regal-loved it!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

PV: Your exhuberance is catching!
:))

Muse: What trees give-priceless!
:))

Janeen: Thank you, dahling! ;
You as well! :))

Tipper: Thank you, dear lady! :))